Hello, fellow crafters! I have been on vacation visiting my grandchildren. So I have not been able to come up with a new project for you. Today I will share how to do this wonderful Eastern Palace Sunflower card.
I have a shipment at my house right now waiting for my return … I am extremely anxious to get to my new goodies. It will have to wait while I enjoy my wonderful time with my daughter and grandkids…
This card was tricky with all the layers but really fun to make.
- Cut out your sunflowers 4 times total. Two of the times will be on Pumpkin Pie cardstock (5 1/4 x 4 inches) Do not cut it out of here. Just make sure you curl your petals up. You will also cut out two from Daffodil Delight cardstock. Trim these out of the cardstock and curl them up as well.
- Make your center (seeds) with Early Espresso that has been embossed with softly falling embossing folder. I also sprayed some bronze spritz (purchased from Hobby Lobby) to it as well. You will punch it out with 1- 1 1/4 circles. Depends on your preference.
- Stamp 4 leaves on Old Olive cardstock with Garden Green ink and cut them out.
- Adhere your Daffodil Delight flowers with dimentionals to the Pumpkin Pie ones. You can then add your centers.
- Place your leaves where ever you want them leaving room for your sentiment at the top.
- Stamp your sentiment on Crushed Curry with Early Espresso (my sentiment came from Ribbon of Courage) and punch out with the new Pretty Label Punch. I also added some retired early espresso dots. I also added a bit of early espresso on the edge of the cut out with a sponge dauber.
- Adhere this to the top of the card
- Place a piece of Copper Trim. The nice thing about this particular new trim is it will hold its shape when you mold it. I pulled at different sections to give it some character.
- Place this on a Crushed Curry base of 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded in half.
That’s it. I just love the inspiration that this card brings. Such a happy card.
For this card you will need the following:
I am so excited to show you all the stuff that I ordered I can not stand it. I will do a live video on my Facebook page when I get a chance to open it. In the meantime check out the new planner Stampin’ Up! came up with. I will be setting mine up when I get back.